JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Would there be any interest?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
efilnikufecin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:14 am    Post subject: Would there be any interest? Reply with quote

I have over 90 used JP1.3 remotes. They are branded with a couple of different brands. These are all Atlas Ocap 1056 units by UEI. All batteries have been removed. These came to me with batteries in most of them, and i went through them pressing buttons to determine if the batteries would have potential for re-use in a flash-light before disposal. I obtained 58 batteries, so 29 of these remotes lit up when a button was pressed. A few of these show a little wear, but not a lot. Most appear to be in like new condition.

For the moment I am just checking to see if there is any interest before I bother trying to sell them because testing each remote would be a time consuming process.

For those of you who might understand the revision numbers, here is a list of numbers seen on the back of the remotes:
60 units 1056B01
1 unit 1056B01 without battery cover
4 units 1056B01-L
27 units 1056B03
3 units unmarked but look to be in the 1056 line they look exactly the same to my untrained eye.
counts may be give or take, I counted them fast.

If there is no interest, these units will be sent for precious metal recovery and recycling. The quantity available may increase. The branding could be removed as it is just screen-printed near the bottom of the remote.

I can go 1 of 2 ways with this. I could sell them all with no further testing for a dirt cheap price, or I could sell them one at a time testing each one before shipping. In the past I have given these away or sold them locally but never this many. There have been no bad remotes yet. When I find one with obvious battery leakage I just send it to be recycled and don't bother testing it. None of these show signs of past battery leakage.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a point of clarification:

Atlas 1056B01 are JP1.3 remotes using the S3F80 Samsung processor.
Atlas 1056B03 are JP2 remotes using the Maxim MAXQ610 processor.
These remotes have identical button layouts and overall appearance.

Both types are supported by RMIR, but there are significant differences. The 1056B01 is an older design, and an extender has been written for it, while the B03 has only had the capability to accept keymoves added via a fairly simple extender.

The B01 has a larger number of built in protocols, but the B03 has quite a few new IR protocols and many new setup codes, so may be more appropriate for newer equipment.

The 1056B03 supports DeviceSpecificMacros and Global Punch Through.
efilnikufecin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am unclear on the exact meaning of these 2 terms:

DeviceSpecificMacros
Global Punch Through

I was unaware that the differences were that great between the two versions, but my experience in the past has been that if it appears to be a revision number it's likely to be important when modifying the device. Switching processors and programming interfaces seems like enough of a change to actually warrant a complete new model number.

I looked at the 3 unmarked units, and 2 of them are labeled JP2 near the header, and 1 is labeled jp1.3

I am curious if anyone knows the reason for the L in the 1056B01-L remotes?
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When a macro is assigned to a button, most remotes (including the 1056B01) will process that single macro regardless of the the mode the remote is in. Remotes which support DSMs can have distinct macros assigned to the same button, so that e.g. if the remote is in TV mode, macro A is run, while if it is in DVD mode a different macro will run. A 1056B03 can be programmed via a JP1 flash cable to have either ordinary macros or DSMs.

You're probably familiar with Volume Punchthrough. For example, the remote can be set up so that in TV mode, pressing the volume +/- buttons causes the volume signals from the Audio setup code to be sent. This allows the user to adjust volume using his receiver even though the remote is in TV or Cable mode. Global Punchthrough is an extension of that idea. The user can select one device and have an arbitrary set of buttons which will send the signals for that device regardless of the mode the remote is in.

I suppose that a 1056B01-L has learning capability. We know that some Atlas remote can learn IR signals.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

efilnikufecin wrote:
I was unaware that the differences were that great between the two versions, but my experience in the past has been that if it appears to be a revision number it's likely to be important when modifying the device. Switching processors and programming interfaces seems like enough of a change to actually warrant a complete new model number.

For commercial remotes, like those under the "One For All" brand name, what you say is correct, but it doesn't hold true for UEI's OEM models, like the various Atlas models.

Just out of curiosity, what sort of price would you be looking for for the whole box, plus an estimate on domestic shipping.
efilnikufecin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking in the range of $50 for the whole box. Shipping would be whatever it costs...I will have to weigh the box to find out.

Edit: I just went back to the topic, and noticed you are in Chicago Il, I am in Mattoon Il so I figure shipping shouldn't be that expensive at all. Also the shipping company would likely be UPS because I live so close to one of their hubs that I could walk there, or stop by there during another errand. I will come back later today with a shipping quote.

BTW if you try to locate Mattoon on a map, follow I-57 south out of Chicago around half way down state, or 250-300 miles.

Last edited by efilnikufecin on Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:40 am; edited 1 time in total
xnappo
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:40 am    Post subject: Re: Would there be any interest? Reply with quote

efilnikufecin wrote:

4 units 1056B01-L

Are those backlit? What color? If black and backlit - those are pretty rare.

xnappo
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Market Place All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: