JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Guide to identifying Atlas remotes/rdfs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bizwiz41

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Post a link to the ebay listing and one of us might be able to tell you which version it is.

Here's the link; hope it links properly
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390163511945

Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What you have there is a URC-1055, but which version is hard to say, since I've never seen a number like the one quoted in the listing. From the initial post in this thread, your possibilities are:

Quote:
Atlas DVR (day) (1055):

- is a JP 1.2 or JP 1.3 remote;
- there are SEVERAL signatures identified (and RDFs created) to date, including:
-- 10251025 (JP 1.2 - labelled JP1) has about 3.5K of equivalent "EEPROM" memory;
-- 30003000 (JP 1.3) all of the JP1.3's have about 4.5K of equivalent "EEPROM" memory;
-- 30323032 (JP 1.3); and
-- 30333033 (JP 1.3) - signature shared with the 1056 OCAP remote.
The eBay listing says that it is a JP1.3, so it's likely NOT the first one on the list. That said, it matters little, since they all use the same interface cable, so you can't go wrong. Now if you want to use an extender, then you would have to hope it's NOT the 30323032 variant since there is no working extender for that variant, but that version has been seen very rarely.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
bizwiz41

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!

I'm not sure I trust the picture to be the actual remote...I've come across this on E-Bay before.

I've come to really like the Atlas 1056 which I currently have. However, for the "what the family is used to.." factor, I need the "On Demand" button (even though I have to program it for OD), and I do like the extra buttons of the 1056.

Ideal for me is the Atlas 1056 w/learning and backlighting (for the wife). Though, I'm finding this combo hard to find. More accurately, hard to identify!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can guarantee you that the picture in the listing is not exactly the remote that you'll be getting because the seller says as much, the logo on the remotes that he's selling says "Sudden". He does say that the buttons match the remotes that he's selling, right before he mentions his poor eyesight! Smile
bizwiz41

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
I can guarantee you that the picture in the listing is not exactly the remote that you'll be getting because the seller says as much, the logo on the remotes that he's selling says "Sudden". He does say that the buttons match the remotes that he's selling, right before he mentions his poor eyesight! Smile

I see (no pun intended!) you noticed that last line! I must admit I'm learning how to deal w/buying these on E-Bay. I got lucky w/my current Atlas, as it was "thrown in" w/some Comcast remotes I bought. If I had known about the Atlas first, I never would have bought all these Comcast remotes.

Anyone know of other places/websites to find Atlas remotes at good prices? I/m also searching for backlighted, and learning models...
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here and here are two backlit OCAPs, but they doesn't specify learning or not.

And here's one that LOOKS backlit, but the listing doesn't specify that.

Even if the seller isn't sure, he can look on the back. I have two backlit learning OCAPS (both are in use, sorry) and they have silk screened on the back a model number of "1056B01-L". The "L" is the indication that it's a learner, so ask the sellers if they have that.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
bizwiz41

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capn Trips wrote:

Even if the seller isn't sure, he can look on the back. I have two backlit learning OCAPS (both are in use, sorry) and they have silk screened on the back a model number of "1056B01-L". The "L" is the indication that it's a learner, so ask the sellers if they have that.

Thanks!

I just bought a (used) backlighted model. The two links you suggested are NOT learning, as I've already questioned the sellers. The model I just purchased ($9.99 including shipping!!!), I am certain is not a learning model, but maybe I'll get lucky! Anyway, I can always manually program.

There is an E-Bay listing for a 1056-B01L model; $12.99, w/$0.99 shipping. I'm thinking of getting that one, though no backlighting Crying or Very sad If you're interested, I'll post the E-Bay link for it.

I must say I really like these Atlas remotes, but figuring out what you're getting is a lot of work! Thanks for this thread guys!!
bizwiz41

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capn Trips wrote:

FYI, in case you want an Atlas Learning model; here's the EBay link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250588889383
JLPicard

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got a 1056 off EBay that is backlit. It's Battery Compartment Label is 1056ABC1-BXX-001-XXXX-XXX-R.

I am new to JP1, don't have a cable yet. I have a pretty extensive electronics background (retired USN Aviation Electronics Technician), so I am not afraid to 'tinker', but I must admit, I never expected remote hacking to be so dang complicated. I enjoyed hacking and seem editing of cell phones back in the good ole' days of the late 90's. They seemed light years easier than remotes. Who'da thunk?

Just getting a grip on the dang terms is a challenge. I have several JP1 remotes that I intended to modify with a cable, but I found a SONY RM-vl610n learning remote that works great for my needs, but the lack of backlite is annoying the hell out of me, so I have decided to revisit JP1 modding. I bought this Atlas model hoping it would do for me what I needed. I suspect, if I learned to properly modify it with a cable, the lack of a learning function would be moot.

Where in these forums can I 'safely' post dumb azz questions without major fear of being flamed for being a dummy (I don't mind a little ridicule mind you)?
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JLPicard wrote:
I 'safely' post dumb azz questions without major fear of being flamed for being a dummy (I don't mind a little ridicule mind you)?

Just about anywhere you want. The only thing that is almost sure to get a flame, is posting a code search question without following the template.

Another thing to keep in mind is that we like to have files to work with. So if you have a problem, if you upload files and post links, we can do a lot more than guess when it comes to helping you.

Quote:
Just getting a grip on the dang terms is a challenge.

We have a glossary that might be of help. You can find it in the wiki, or as a sticky in the Beginners section. The glossary was made up from a list of terms that I had trouble with when I was learning JP1. If you find other words, or if a definition isn't clear, please post a question in the glossary thread, and I'll do my best to define it.
yjk5561

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a newer version of the Charter OCAP C4000, a.k.a. URC-1060 shown on previous page (2). The battery compartment shows 1060BC2-0780-001-R and JP2 next to the 6-pin connector. Existing RDF for URC-1060 works fine for my older Charter OCAP C4000 (1060BC1 / JP1.3) but not the new 1060BC2 / JP2 remote. Has anyone tried this newer version of Charter C4000?

Thanks,
Lee
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it says JP2 it's probably one of the next generation of JP1 remotes, so if you're using IR.exe you'll need to switch to using RMIR to download from it (and be sure to get the very latest beta version)
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Specifically, follow these instructions to install the Beta RMIR program. JP2 remotes use a different communication protocol, and only RMIR supports it.

In order to make a RDF file, we'll need to identify the button numbers used in the 1060BC2. These are probably different from the 1060BC1. If the remote accepts macros with the 995 command, construct macros keeping track of the button the mcaro is assigned to, and the buttons that are in the macro. Then, do a Raw download and post the resulting IR file here, along with a list of the buttons in the macro. If the 995 command isn't available, a more tedious way to get the button numbers is to use the 994 command to make a series of keymoves before doing the Raw download.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
In order to make a RDF file, we'll need to identify the button numbers used in the 1060BC2. These are probably different from the 1060BC1. If the remote accepts macros with the 995 command, construct macros keeping track of the button the mcaro is assigned to, and the buttons that are in the macro. Then, do a Raw download and post the resulting IR file here, along with a list of the buttons in the macro. If the 995 command isn't available, a more tedious way to get the button numbers is to use the 994 command to make a series of keymoves before doing the Raw download.

For anyone with a Widget, there is probably an easier way to find the button numbers for these remotes. Take out a battery, wait a minute or so, reinsert the battery and then quickly (within about 5 seconds) press buttons 1 and 3 together. Don't hold one down then press the other, they both need to be pressed, as far as possible, simultaneously. An LED should flash 4 times. The remote has now entered Test Mode. In this mode, every button (including special ones like device buttons) sends an NEC1 signal in which the OBC is one less than the button number. So with a Widget you can just read off the button numbers one by one. Test Mode times out after a period of about 30 seconds with no button pressed.

I only know this for certain on the Atlas 1056B03, but Test Mode exists (though the two buttons you have to press are different, see this post) on my entirely different URC-7781. I suspect all UEI remotes have this mode, though the way to enter it may vary slightly. I would be surprised if it were not the same way, though, on all Atlas remotes and similar clones.
yjk5561

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I programmed a couple of macros using the 995 command and then did a raw download via RMIR and placed raw file in the Diagnosis Area: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=11392

Macro1 assigned to YELLOW key: CURSOR DOWN > CURSOR UP > CURSOR RIGHT > CURSOR LEFT > OK/select

Macro2 assigned to BLUE key: CH+ > CH- > VOL+ > VOL- > REWIND > F.FOWARD > STOP > PLAY > PAUSE

Please take a look and let me know if recognizable and if other buttons on the remote need to be included in a macro. Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: