JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RMIR: Advanced Handling of Learned Signals
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vyrolan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
Vyrolan wrote:
I remember being kinda surprised I couldn't import learns via pronto

Lack of time!

Understand completely.

mathdon wrote:
The Robman wrote:
There is logic in IR.exe that converts to and from Pronto format

The conversion code is actually in ExchangeIR.dll, with the intention that at some time a JNI native interface would be added to it and then RMIR given a similar Pronto conversion facility to that in IR.exe. IRScope, which is written in MS C++, also has this facility via ExchangeIR.

I hope that, armed with this info, you should find it an easy task to add Pronto conversion to RMIR.

Excellent! Yea I was going to look into making a JNI for ExchangeIR...but I was also considering using Barf's Java translation. As I said earlier in the thread though, I kinda prefer the JNI just so that they are both using the same underlying code (and will thus yield the same results).
Barf
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:

It would be a good idea for this to be handled by a separate tool, a tool that could handle various file formats (ie, IR, RMIR, CCF, ICT, LIRC, etc)

Barf has been developing a tool (called IRMaster) that might be best suited for this sort of thing.

Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou Rob!! Cool Cool Laughing

Actually, inspired by this thread (among other things) I am working on a concept for a new IR analyzing/importing/editing program, will keep you posted. Wink
Vyrolan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vyrolan wrote:

The Robman wrote:
Next I deleted the 550 time from the summary sheet and went back to one of the learned buttons and found that it still had 550 entered as it's rounding time, leading me to the conclusion that once a time is entered via the summary sheet, you need to delete it from each button individually, is that true? Could you fix it so that if the time is deleted from the Summary, it's deleted everywhere? Maybe there could also be a button that would delete all rounding times, including those entered on individual buttons?

Whoops! That's a bug for sure. Based on your story, it should work exactly like you were expecting it to...I will fix.

Vyrolan wrote:
The Robman wrote:
It occurs to me that you might as well put the ";" delimiter in all the timing displays, just for consistency.

I thought about that too and went back and forth on it. I've got a simple idea to try...I'll make a change and see what it looks like.

These are done. I also made the rounding box and the analysis options obey the cancel/apply/ok buttons as you would expect. So changes won't be preserved if you hit cancel to close the dialog.

Also, I fixed a bug with bi-phase analysis where it could potentially fail to detect the correct rounding. There's still a known issue that bi-phase analysis will fail for signals that do not have any lead-in (since I didn't even know that was possible when I wrote it =p).

As always, latest jar file is here.
Vyrolan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another quick update... I added some extra logging around the attempts to load DecodeIR so hopefully we can debug that better if there are problems. I also changed how it handles DecodeIR not being found. Currently it just silently hides the Learned Signals tab if DecodeIR cannot be loaded. No warning or anything. You can see it only if you do Help > About. I've changed that so that it still shows the Learned Signals tab, but it is greyed out if DecodeIR could not be loaded. The tooltip when hovering over the disabled tab will indicate this to the user.

As always, latest version of my jar is here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: