JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Running Home Electronics' PA.exe

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lakeman

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Running Home Electronics' PA.exe Reply with quote

A long time ago, I started into JP1. I bought an Ira-3 from Home Electronics and downloaded their comport.exe program to test it, their IraConfig.exe program to configure it, and their pa.exe program (version 0.3, dated August 27, 2003) to get key protocols from it to input into JP1 programs. I got a URC-8810 to learn keys and a URC-6131 as the "target". Then I got sidetracked and never got it working. We have been using a pile of remotes ever since.

Now I am back but have hit a roadblock. Comport and IraConfig seem to work fine. If I send a remote's key to comport, it gives me a string of 6 bytes. One example is: 2B, A6, 7D, F7, 55,55. I assume that indicates that the Ira is working fine. (Are those bytes good for anything?). IraConfig allowed me to turn off the light in the Ira (and then turn it back on).

If I click on pa.exe in my file manager, it just flashes the screen and goes away. I assume that is because it gives me the message that it needs the com port number and exits. If I call it from the DOS prompt in a command prompt screen and include the COM1, it loads and tells me it is using DecodeIR.dll and turns on the light in the Ira but then - nothing. I have tried a variety of buttons on a variety of remotes. They make the light in the Ira blink but ---. Help!

I am turning to you folks because Home Electronics seems to have moved on. I assume you folks know all about their stuff.

Is there some kind of configuration for my serial line in my PC that is messing with me? Some kind of serial port driver problem? (I am using the standard Microsoft serial port driver originally supplied by Dell. I am using the standard RJ-45 to DB-9 cable that Home Electronics supplied. I never changed anything in the Ira configuration except for the option to turn off the flashing light. I don't have any exotic programs in my PC except for "Avast" antivirus and "Comodo" firewall.)

I am still running on Windows 2000, completely updated SP-3. I have the Ira connected to COM1 which is original to my Dell 4100. (How's that for old - but in this case that should be a big advantage.)

I would appreciate any help you can give me.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had never heard of the IR3A but I found it here, for anyone interested:
http://www.home-electro.com/ira3.php
cauer29

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
I had never heard of the IR3A but I found it here, for anyone interested:
http://www.home-electro.com/ira3.php

Oh but you have heard of it before. I distinctly remember you trying to help someone out with decoding the hex dump a year or 2 ago.

Perhaps this doc will jog your memory:

http://www.home-electro.com/download/Protocol2.pdf

A.A.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe this is the thread you're talking about:
METechs Drapery Control

Here's some more old threads on the subject:
Using IR codes recorded by Girder
Getting info using IRA-3
Does anyone sell the IRA-3 anymore?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: