JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Atlas/Atlas OCAP JP1.3 Extender/learned signal support?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tranx

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 5:13 am    Post subject: Atlas/Atlas OCAP JP1.3 Extender/learned signal support? Reply with quote

Hi

Started with URC7950 and 7781 which can control our five devices with a high proportion of learned commands, eventually to prepare upgrades for use in non-learning Atlas OCAP 1056B01s.

While waiting for the JP1 lead I am reading the beginners guides, trying to get some understanding of the unpopulated RM pages, and looking at Atlas Extender v2.13 readme, which says 'No Learned signal support'.

The RM program looks to contain a spreadsheet which could provide OBCs from EFCs (including learned codes?) - so may I ask about the significance, for my purposes, of the lack of learned signal support in the extender?

Regards
Chris
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggest reading FAQ (4) in the Beginner's Extender FAQ. If still confused, post a follow-up, please.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
tranx

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, thanks Capn Trips I read it again and elsewhere learnt a bit more so I can answer my own question - don't mean to be annoying Mr. Green

It seems that it is only the Atlas 1056xxx-L, as well as 1056BC1 black & silver and 11055 which are mentioned as having been tested in the readme, which have the ability to learn.

Therefore for most Atlas models, like mine and the 1055, the comment 'No learned signal support' is not significant. edit: This is because, even without the extender, they don't have the ability to learn.

Regards
Chris

Last edited by tranx on Sat May 26, 2012 2:08 am; edited 2 times in total
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ideally every JP1 er should own one learner or a widget to capture and analyze signals. The purpose for learning here, is to find out what kind of signals are being sent, so a RM or KM sheet can be populated.

Signals can be "played" from a learn, but most of the time we use a protocol executer to send the signal. If we use a protocol executor, we feed it the variables and let the protocol executor do the work.

So not having learning on an extended remote is not really an issue. Learning can always be re-enabled if an extender is being used.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: