JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RemoteMaster and URC-8910

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bevhoward

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: RemoteMaster and URC-8910 Reply with quote

Apologies, but I am trying to initiate a jp1 restart after years of not using it and need help since all of my prior work was done using KeyMapMaster but it seems that everything has switched to RemoteMaster which I have no experience using.

I have downloaded remotemaster, installed it and finally have the folders populated and referenced but have run into my first problem that searches have not yielded any results (which may be because of the fact that the remotes I have are too old)

I have found and downloaded jpg and map files for the URC-6131nw and URC-8820 but can't find anything for the URC-8910 (B02) including any cross reference.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Beverly Howard
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The RDF with filename beginning CPT0CPT0 should work for the 8910/9910 both old and new versions.
We know these work, because over the years Rob has saved a lot of upgrades using the 8910!

The image/map files are listed as URC-9910.

ETA: Now it occurs to me that you may think you only need RDFs for your own remotes. That's not correct; you need all of them because of the way RMDU files are organized. Download all of the image and map files also--if you had done that I guess you wouldn't have run into a problem.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9353

Last edited by 3FG on Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
bevhoward

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

>> URC-8910 -> URC-9910 <<

Great information and an instant response... good to be back ;-)

Many thanks.

Beverly Howard
bevhoward

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

>> Download all of the image and map files also--if you had done that I guess you wouldn't have run into a problem. <<

I'm in over my head at the moment... is;

Maps and Images required for RM-IR - Version 1.32.zip

the file you reference? If so, I have that and have installed it... but on looking, assume there is a similar file containing rdf's since the URC's are not listed in the "pulldown"

Think I found it;
http://sourceforge.net/projects/controlremote/files/Remotes/RDFs%20for%20IR%20and%20RM%20Version%201.30.zip/download

Beverly Howard
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bev,
The link you posted from SourceForge is old and refers to version 1.30 files.

The link I posted above is to the zip file of the 1.32 RDFs; if you prefer to download from SF, use http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=8305
bevhoward

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confusion is slowly abating.

I had been to the link in your last post, and that was where I downloaded the files for the specific remotes I wanted to work with.

Your last link goes to a files page here that redirects to a sourceforge page when download is clicked.

Your first link goes to a zip file located here but containing all of the files.

I did finally notice that there is a tarball at the bottom of the sourceforge page which apparently contains all of the files listed on the sourceforge page but I will assume that the zip file located on this site is the best choice.

Thanks... now to try to use all this stuff ;-)
Beverly Howard
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just FYI Bev, if you are more comfortable using KM there is no reason to stop using it, though it's unlikely that we will be installing any new features to it. The only limitation would be loading existing upgrades because KM cannot load RMDU files.
bevhoward

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may go back to KeyMapMaster, but, after looking around at current activity it feels like I need to learn RemoteMaster.

It's also been a very long time since I ran RM when it was only available in Java and kind of difficult to use... looks like most of those issues have been addressed.

Thanks again,
Beverly Howard
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: