JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

URC-7960
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spalter3

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shift keys work fine on my 7960 BUT they are inaccessible from the watchtv/movie/music modes, just like macros are inaccessible. in device modes they work fine and also inside macros
regne v

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
I don't know where you got that protocol from, but it is for the wrong processor.

I've just realized that it was an outdated version of Rob's Media Center upgrade. However I've tried the newest version and it's still not working. I've recorded the MCE sent signals into an URC-7552 and RM IR can't recognize them.

I've uploaded a dump with the recorded signals and the RM IR file with the latest version of Rob's MCE here.

mathdon wrote:
As far as the shift key is concerned, I too have found that doesn't work. I have been unable to find a shift facility on the URC-7960 and note that it is not mentioned anywhere in the UEI documentation. I have come sadly to the conclusion that it is not implemented in this remote,

This will be no problem as the remote has tons of hidden keys but maybe RM IR shuldn't be offering shifted keys for this remote.

Thanks a lot.

Edit: I've just read spalter3 post about being able to use shifted keys. I'll test it thoroughly.
regne v

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

regne v wrote:
However I've tried the newest version and it's still not working.

I've just seen that if I try to download the remote's memory just after uploading the file with Rob's new MCE code I get this message:
Code:
Error in RDF. Wrong variant specified for PID = 01 2A. Number of fixed/command bytes sgould be 4/1, for specified variant is 1/8.

Now the "Devices" tab shows this device protocol as pid 01 2A.
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

regne v wrote:
I've just realized that it was an outdated version of Rob's Media Center upgrade. However I've tried the newest version and it's still not working. I've recorded the MCE sent signals into an URC-7552 and RM IR can't recognize them.

I've uploaded the a dump with the recorded signals and the RM IR file with the latest version of Rob's MCE here.

I uploaded the aforementioned KM device upgrade for "Microsoft Model 1039 Media Centre" aka Rob's "Windows_Media_Center_v2" into my OARI06G. Most of the keys needed to be manually reassigned. For example, Button "0" was matched to Rewind and "Vol+" was matched to DVD Menu. The only keys which were set appropriately was "Power", "Pause", "Record", and "Guide". Not even the digit buttons matched until I removed the assignments and used "Auto assign"

Just as regne's example, it does not fire the appropriate MCE signals. Although, I don't know whether or not mine matches hers since they do come up as unknown. I downloaded the image back down and received the following error message, "Protocol Variant Error: Error in RDF. Wrong variant specified for PID = 01 2A. Number of fixed/command bytes should be 4/1, for specified variant is 1/8." Also, the Device Upgrade Editor is not indicating it is using the MCE protocol but in fact the "pid: 01 2A" protocol with a bunch of parameters. The only values which I recognized were OBC2 = 15 which was presented as "Device 2" and Device = 4 as "Device 3" in RMIR's Device Upgrade Editor.

I've uploaded a zip file here (http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=10746). This archive contains: KM Text File for "Windows_Media_Center_v2" which was used in this example, two RMIR files one before uploading and the other after downloading, also the ICT file of most of the keys recorded. Another issue is that I am unable to reopen the RMIR files, it pretends to load but then does nothing when trying even while using the "File | Open..." command.

P.s., do we have map/img files for the OARI06G/URC-7960? I cannot seem to locate one.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Protocols.ini is incorrectly set up to handle WindowsMCE (OrtekMCE) in remotes that have 01 2A built in. I don't have time to work on this now, but I should be able to provide a section for protocols.ini tonight. I also suspect that we'll need to deal with a variant, base on the Lookup Tool mentioning V2.

Also, the section for OrtekMCE that is in protocols.ini uses a fairly complicated executor, which apparently doesn't work in all S3C80/S3F80 remotes.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eferz wrote:
do we have map/img files for the OARI06G/URC-7960? I cannot seem to locate one.
HERE's one I did early on. Not sure if anyone is using it or has kept it in sync with the latest RDF. In case they haven't, just change the button names in the map to match the RDF.
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
HERE's one I did early on. Not sure if anyone is using it or has kept it in sync with the latest RDF. In case they haven't, just change the button names in the map to match the RDF.

Heh, heh. I went ahead and created IMG & MAP files for both the OARI06G & URC-7960.

While doing so, I also found what appears to be a typo in the included RDFs of the RM/RMIR Prototypes for these remotes.
Bad wrote:
"prev ch";Last=$1B:group8,
Good wrote:
"prev ch":Last=$1B:group8,

It's not a big deal, just there's a semicolon where a colon should be otherwise the "Last" button will not associate in the Layout Tab. Also, there's an issue with the 16:9 button with the URC-7960 for some reason it wants to be associated with the FastFwd instead.

Last edited by eferz on Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:55 am    Post subject: Re: RDF for URC7960? Reply with quote

fonyosz wrote:
Hi, will there be an RDF file for URC7960? If there is a guide how to create one, I could try...

So, I'm a little jealous. It looks like the from this video, the URC-7962 version has motion sensor controls.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

regne v,
Now perhaps I understand a little better. I think you're looking for Microsoft MCE, which is described in RMIR as MCE, and in the Lookup Tool as Windows MCE. It is a variant of RC6-6-32, with Device= 4 and OEM = 15. If you have the original remote, of course you could learn some keys, and be sure of the device and OEM numbers, or if in fact you're trying to send some other IR protocol.

The URC-7960 has PID 012A (MCE) built in, and setup codes Cable 1447, 2150, 2165, and 2569, plus Video 1708, 1972, and 2083 shoot MCE. So you should be able to build an upgrade without uploading an executor.
regne v

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
regne v,
I think you're looking for Microsoft MCE, which is described in RMIR as MCE, and in the Lookup Tool as Windows MCE. It is a variant of RC6-6-32, with Device= 4 and OEM = 15.

That's OK.
3FG wrote:
If you have the original remote, of course you could learn some keys, and be sure of the device and OEM numbers, or if in fact you're trying to send some other IR protocol.

Yes. I did check with the original remote and Rob's upgrade file. They were the very same.
3FG wrote:
The URC-7960 has PID 012A (MCE) built in, and setup codes Cable 1447, 2150, 2165, and 2569, plus Video 1708, 1972, and 2083 shoot MCE. So you should be able to build an upgrade without uploading an executor.

DVD/1972 did the trick and now I can control XBMC from the remote.

However there's still the problem that Rob's media center upgrade is not working and if you download the remote's memory just after flashing you get the "Error in RDF. Wrong variant specified for PID = 01 2A..." message as eferz also said.

Also if you check the availability for the MCE code in One for all official support you get a message stating:
Code:
Result:
( OFA Smart Control 6 (7960 R00) )
Media Center Controller: Microsoft mediacenter (Device Key: STB)

We have found the correct code for your device, but it is not in the memory of your remote.
You can:

Contact our Customer Service by e-mail or phone. For contact information, please refer to your user manual.
Surprised
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We know which executors are present in the 7960, but we don't know which variants it has. Actually we can make good guesses, but those good guesses haven't been included in the currently circulating RDF for the 7960. In the particular case of 012A, I know the variant is 012A:2, and that should be entered into your copy of the RDF (until we can provide a better RDF to distribute.) I think mathdon has been distributing the 7960 RDF, and he and I had an exchange about how to guess the variants, but apparently that hasn't filtered out yet.

Tonight, I will attempt to do as complete a job as I can at guessing the variants, and post a revised RDF.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
I think mathdon has been distributing the 7960 RDF, and he and I had an exchange about how to guess the variants, but apparently that hasn't filtered out yet.

No, I haven't got round to it as I've been too busy with other JP1 (or rather, JP2 Very Happy ) matters.
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
regne v wrote:
DVD/1972 did the trick and now I can control XBMC from the remote.

I suppose the available setup codes are one of the differences between the URC-7960 and the OARI60. The OARI60 did not allow me to configure Cable 1447, 2150, 2165, and 2569 in either RMIR or manually through the buttons. Apparently, it is invalid for this remote.

The Video 1708 and 2083 setup codes could be configured but they emitted MCE 116.15 signals according to IR Scope. Like Regne, I was able to use Video 1972 and it shot MCE 4.15 signals similar to Rob's upgrade. However, not all of the buttons were the same. For example, from the remote Red, Green, Yellow, Blue were OBCs 91, 92, 93, and 94 respectively. However, the upgrade had different settings; 74, 71, 70, and 73.

3FG wrote:
So you should be able to build an upgrade without uploading an executor.

How would one setup an RMDU using the built-in executor? I tried uploading upgrades based on either protocol "pid: 01 2A" and "MCE" without touching anything in the parameter section; however, the signals decoded as <unknown>. Then I tried to them with Device 14 and OEM=15 but there are multiple generic parameters using "pid:" protocols and I cannot get it to congeal appropriately after mixing the known values around in the available parameters.

Interesting enough after performing a 981 and reconfiguring Video 1972, I was able to use the EFCs from Rob's upgrade to duplicate the configuration with the buttons on the remote. But, I was not able to duplicate the same keymoves in RMIR as the result gave me entirely different OBCs.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The OARI06G RDF is also missing the variant info in the [Protocols] section. I expect that the executor variants are the similar between the two remotes. So go ahead and change 012A to 012A:2 in the RDF, and see if that works better for you. While you're looking at the RDF, notice the section [SetupCodes]? That in conjunction with [DeviceTypes] will let you see which setup codes are available. Pretty good chance that searching the instruction sheet offers another way to tell if a remote carries a given setup code.
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
The OARI06G RDF is also missing the variant info in the [Protocols] section. I expect that the executor variants are the similar between the two remotes. So go ahead and change 012A to 012A:2 in the RDF, and see if that works better for you.

That did it. I am now able to create, upload, and verify that the MCE protocol and Rob's upgrade works appropriately on the OARI06G.

3FG wrote:
While you're looking at the RDF, notice the section [SetupCodes]? That in conjunction with [DeviceTypes] will let you see which setup codes are available.

I'm assuming RMIR uses this as a reference for availability, so I'll just trust it to do that for me. I just didn't know how much to trust the RDF itself since it doesn't sound like it has been fully fledged out yet.

3FG wrote:
Pretty good chance that searching the instruction sheet offers another way to tell if a remote carries a given setup code.

My aging eyes can't or won't cooperate. It is difficult to search the teenie tiny print on the list. Maybe if I was only three apples tall or a couple of decades younger there would be a better chance of this happening, but for now I'll just leave it to RMIR let me know.

Besides, the setup codes aren't sorted numerically. Obviously, it is grouped alphabetically for users to find their devices according to the manufacturer. Incidentally, the setup codes for Microsoft video accessories listed 1272, 1805, and 2049; DVD with 0522 and 2083; and finally VCRs had 1972. Maybe I'll play with these to find out whether or not there's a more suitable match. However, I'm content with the ability to upload RMIR/RMDU upgrades programming via 9xx codes isn't for me. Using the cable and our tools is much faster and easier.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10

Jump to: