JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Remote Control Repeater

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
airauto

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Remote Control Repeater Reply with quote

I recently bought an Ir repeater from eBay new. I'm using a 6131 remote I programmed, but the repeater does not transmit the Ir signals to two of my six components. A Mitsubishi DVD DD8030 and a Fujitsu P50XHA10W Plasma TV. The emitters light up but the components don't respond. They do respond directly from the remote. The Receiver Frequency Range is 34 to 60 KHz. The transmit Frequency is 38 KHz & 56 KHz. Is it possible the Ir frequency for these two components are outside this range? Any suggestions to correct my problem? Thanks.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going out on a limb here, without doing the due diligence of finding the actual upgrade, I am going to assume the Mitsubishi and Fujitsu equipment use the Mitsubishi and Fujitsu IR protocols.

If that is the case, the Mitsubishi operates at 32.6 K and the Fujitsu operates at 37K, so yes it could be the frequencies that are causing the unit to fail.
airauto

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe your right. Using my learning remote it appears the frequencies are as you say. Does anyone know What Ir repeaters can get around this. I've seen some receivers that say dual, but do not say anything about their operating frequencies.
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

airauto wrote:
I believe your right. Using my learning remote it appears the frequencies are as you say. Does anyone know What Ir repeaters can get around this. I've seen some receivers that say dual, but do not say anything about their operating frequencies.

I would assume the Logitech Harmony® IR Extender System would probably work. Although, you might want to check the compatibility of your products through the Logitech Harmony Database lookup tool.
airauto

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The harmony database included my components, but since I just bought this repeater system I'm looking for just a receiver. Thanks.
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

airauto wrote:
The harmony database included my components, but since I just bought this repeater system I'm looking for just a receiver. Thanks.

I don't think the problem is just with the receiver but the entire repeater system. It wouldn't be intelligent for a company to put an IR sensor (receiver) which can acknowledge a different set of frequencies than the repeater system's IR Blaster (transmitter).
greenough1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use the xantech line for IR distribution. Some times IR interference can cause issues with the receiver. I think I used the so-called noise suppression version when I put it in. See xantech.com for details
airauto

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the help and suggestions. Not sure which way to go. I'm leaning towards selling what I just bought and going with the xantech system.
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

airauto wrote:
Thanks for all the help and suggestions. Not sure which way to go. I'm leaning towards selling what I just bought and going with the xantech system.

My advice is to contact the technical support of whichever manufacturer you're interested in purchasing IR Extender products from to inquire about their IR receiver and transmitter's specifications. That way you can reduce wasted resources while buying incompatible equipment for your current devices.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: