JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vivaldi FDL-060 home theater system (South Korea)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Antznyopantz

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:40 am    Post subject: Vivaldi FDL-060 home theater system (South Korea) Reply with quote

Dear remote control gurus,

I was bequeathed a pretty sweet home theater system but it came sans remote. The company that built it was called "Vivaldi" (model fdl-060). I believe they were only sold here in South Korea, as I could only find the speakers online by searching for them in Korean (비발디 fdl-060).

Unfortunately, almost all of the functions available on the unit are only controllable by remote, so without it I can only turn it on, change the input, and the volume. I know the system has many more functions since I have a photo of the remote in the instruction manual.

I would get a universal remote, but I have no remote, nor remote codes and no real hope of getting them as the company is now defunct.

Is there a remote that will automatically search for the proper frequencies to control the system? Can a JP1 remote be manipulated as such? What is the simplest option for maximum returns? I'm technologically competent but am working on some other electronic projects at the moment and would prefer a readily available consumer option. However, I would be overjoyed at any assistance offered.

Thank you in advance.
Antz
greenough1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

any of the modern universal remotes probably can control some of the main features of the HT system. I'd pick up one that is readily available in your area to try and that has a good set of built-in codes. someone else can recommend which remote might be best in this regard.

Some remotes have an auto-code-search feature that should make it easier. look oneforall.com, and the OARN05G as an example. there're a lot to choose from, just see what you can buy locally.

Best,
jeff
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To add to what Jeff posted, there's absolutely no guarantee that any universal remote that you might buy will have the right codes for this device. I have no idea how popular a brand Vivaldi is in South Korea, if it's an uncommon brand, chances are the local universal remotes will NOT have a code for it, but if it is popular, they might have a code.

If the universal is made by UEI (which typically means the "One For All" brand) and you find a working setup code, we can probably help you find the right button codes for any buttons that are missing from the setup code.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: