JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Comcast JP1.3 DVR remote, need codes for Sharp LC-46D64U

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
psron

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:33 pm    Post subject: Comcast JP1.3 DVR remote, need codes for Sharp LC-46D64U Reply with quote

1. Device: Sharp LC-46D64U
2. Type of device: LCD TV
3. Year: 2008 (est)
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: Comcast DVR red-OK button JP1.3
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? No
6. Still have original remote? Yes
7. Checked the file section? n/a
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? no
9. Partially working setup code? Yes, non-LCD TV - 11602
10. Learning remote question? n/a

Needing to add things like View Mode (wide, zoom, etc.), hopefully direct access Input selections (HDMI-1, Component-2, etc.), "Freeze", maybe a listing of others for future needs, or others finding this thread.

You guys are GREAT!! I was the one searching for Samsung BD-P1500 codes a while back, got almost instant response!! And, yes, those codes did work for the BD-P1600 as well... in as far as I've tried them.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, that first go-round was the bait to suck you in. Very Happy Now you should learn how to get some of this information by yourself. I notice that you marked n/a to "checked the file section". There are Sharp TV upgrades there, and those are the same files that any of us would use in an attempt to come up with EFCs to use for your particular TV. So:
1) Download and install RemoteMaster. The links are in the Software Forum. 1.97 is the released version but 1.98Beta6a also workes well. You need to read and follow the installation instructions, and let me emphasize that you also need to separately download RDF and image files.
2) Download one or more Sharp TV upgrades. I recommend the one titled Sharp Aquos LC-32E44E.
3) Open the upgrade in RM, and then change the remote to Comcast DVR 1067Bx3 JP1.3--that's your remote.
4) On the Functions tab, you'll see various functions, including discrete inputs, and the 5 digit EFCs associated with them. The EFCs can be used in keymoves like you did before with the BluRay player.
psron

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome... I'll give it a go!
(so this will get me the codes I'm looking for... cable not required?)

BTW... EFC's? RDF's? Links? This site is a great resource, but supplying a direct link now and then would help... but I'll keep looking (it's not all that user-friendly... for a newbie... sorry)

(edit) I found all the files... took a bit, but bookmarked the pages - thanks again
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting, TV/11602 uses the Denon Combo. I'm going to have to

Sharp, Sharp{1} and Sharp{2}
IRP notation: {38k,264}<1,-3|1,-7>(D:5,F:8,1:2,1,-165,D:5,~F:8,2:2,1,-165)+
EFC translation: LSB

Denon, Denon{1} and Denon{2}
IRP notation: {38k,264}<1,-3|1,-7>(D:5,F:8,0:2,1,-165,D:5,~F:8,3:2,1,-165)+
EFC translation: LSB

This might not have been the best example to teach psron how to fish. It certainly is going to teach me something.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vicky,
Yeah, I know about the similarity of the Sharp/Denon protocols, and the variance in naming the protocols between RM/KM and the Lookup Tool, and I would eventually have mentioned it to you if you hadn't noticed. But I don't think it will affect psron until he is much further along in knowledge about infrared signals and protocols.

psron,
I agree; the terminology is confusing, and this site is not easily navigated by a beginner. Actually, I spend a fair amount of time thinking about ways to make things easier, but with very little constructive to show for it!

You don't need a cable to use the 5 digit Extended Function Codes that RM displays -- for the Sharp TV or some Sony equipment. But many components from various manufacturers use IR protocols or device numbers which aren't available in your remote. Then a cable is not only more convenient than typing in 5 digit EFCs, it is a necessity.
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Comcast JP1.3 DVR remote, need codes for Sharp LC-46D64U Reply with quote

psron wrote:
1. Device: Sharp LC-46D64U
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: Comcast DVR red-OK button JP1.3
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? No

Just in case you ever get a cable, I found a match and recorded the IR signals with the JP1 tools to create the respective files.

Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: