JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Code for Panasonic Plasma TV

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RoyGBiv

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:05 am    Post subject: Code for Panasonic Plasma TV Reply with quote

As Robman requested:

1. Device: Panasonic plasma TV TH-42PX60u
2. Type of device: TV
3. JP1 Remote model: URC-8910
4. JP1 user? Yes
5. Still have original remote? Yes
6. Checked the file section? Yes
7. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? no
8. Partially working setup code? No

The situation is that my brother who does not have JP1 capability wants me to program his remote, and I am in another state. He had gotten upgrade WAV files from OFA, but now his remote is evidently not accepting any input that way.

I have several of the devices he has, and he has several devices already in the library. I want to add these two devices.

Evidently the WAV files from OFA identified the setup code for the Pioneer DVD recorder as 0631 and the Panasonic TV as 1291. Now I know these numbers don't necessarily mean anything, but I am trying to use them as a start. I would be willing to download an existing KM or RM file for either device and modify it if someone who has these devices would be able to help with the mod so that it works when I send it back to him.

Thanks for the help.

SMK
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TV/1291 uses the Panasonic MIX protocol but it doesn't really need to as all but one of the buttons use Panasonic device code 128.0, which means TV/0250 should work just as well, which is already in the URC-8910.

The main difference between TV/0250 and TV/1291 is with the arrow buttons. If you find the arrow buttons don't work using TV/0250, you can re-program them using these advanced codes:

148 UP
152 DOWN
217 LEFT
213 RIGHT
041 OK{SELECT}
207 PIP MOVE
RoyGBiv

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See also my other post.

My brother had already figured out that 0250 works but the arrows don't. The info you have provided will be helpful if the remote as it stands now doesn't control his TV. If he has to send it back, I'll know how to work on it to fix it.

SMK
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:16 am    Post subject: Re: Code for Panasonic Plasma TV Reply with quote

RoyGBiv wrote:
1. Device: Panasonic plasma TV TH-42PX60u
3. JP1 Remote model: URC-8910

Found a match and recorded the IR signals with the JP1 tools to create the respective files.
Actually, don't use this upgrade for the EFCs unless 3FG says otherwise. I"m not quite sure Audio 650 is the correct setup code, since the original learns are for 128 0 4 9. Where the lookup tool says its 128 0 1 4. I'm a little foggy from this post if 0650 is appropriate.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This upgrade looks fine to use for manual entry with TV 0650.

It is a little confusing, because the Lookup Tool only lists the first 4 device/subdevices, but if you look at the fixed data in the Lookup Tool, it is BF FB FE FF 7F DF 6F 00. That covers all 6 possibilities.
The upgrade has BF FB FE FF 7F DF 6F FF. The last byte differs, but it doesn't matter, because it corresponds to subdevice 255 in the UEI arrangement, and 0 in the upgrade, which is the default. 255 isn't useful, and 0 was already provided as a subdevice.

As an aside, the upgrade can use any setup code, including 2013 Very Happy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: