JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Seville Ultraslimline tower fan 10187
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
just4fn

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've tried these codes and none seem to work

I need to make sure I'm loading the codes correctly.

I copy the code up to the "h" in this 1st case the 31k. When I load it to the upgrade you posted. I select paste special and the 3 choices that come up are- paste as html, unicode text or text. I have selected unicode text and it seems to paste. I then name it and add it to a button.

As usual I then add copy the code and add the device. Is this correct?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, sounds like you got it close enough, oh well, it was a nice idea. Looks like you'll have to stick with picking which combination of codes works best for you, as each button will reset everything.

Thanks for testing everything out that we've thrown at you.

I'd be curious to know which codes you end up going with on your remote.
just4fn

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In your upgrade, the only "rotate" is with low fan, no breeze. Can you add rotate with med fan and high fan- no breeze?

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=5614
just4fn

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where did you get the hex codes from? Can I see them in IR when I learn the codes or do you have to derive them from some other way? You don't have to get to technical if it's a long explanation, just wondering.

I was able to figure out how to make it rotate on med and high.

I set my remote

1- fan low, no rotate
2. fan medium, no rotate
3. fan high, no rotate

the buttons right under each of the above

4. fan low, rotate
5. fan medium, rotate
6. fan high, rotate

0. off
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's looks like you found the answer to your first question, which is to use the spreadsheet that I included. That spreadsheet allows for up to 50 different combinations. The idea is that you use the drop down menu items to customise what each button should do.

As for the hex code, go back to the first few posts in this thread, you'll see that I posted the binary for the signals that you learned. I also posted the burst pair times. To get the true hex for these signals you should convert the binary to hex (in Excel you can use the bin2hex function).

Don't get distracted by the hex codes that John posted as those are different. Those came from DecodeIR (via IR.exe). Because DecodeIR mistakenly assumed the signal was MSB rather than LSB, it reversed the binary before converting it to hex.
just4fn

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In order to get the fan to rotate in Med and high mode. I changed the 3rd hex to 31 which was obvious, but I also had to change the 8th hex to a value that isn't obvious- at least to me. The 8th hex has a different value that doesn't follow the fan speed. There is a pattern only seen after you find the rotate with med and high fan speeds

here is the link so you can look at.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=5619

I posted this only so you can explain the 8th hex for future reference
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't need to edit the hex yourself. You should use the spreadsheet that I created for you, and included in the zip file, to generate the correct hex codes.

The 8th byte is a checksum that is calculated by XORing all the other bytes together. The spreadsheet will calculate the checksum for you.
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:10 pm    Post subject: GAP protocol creation? Reply with quote

Okay, so... this is quite a bit out of my comfort zone but is there a tutorial describing how to interpenetrate or create GAP protocol upgrades? My suspicion is this something that would involve Protocol Builder and probably more smarts that I have the capacity to accomplish. But, it is something I've always been curious about and didn't want to let my assumptions repress my growth.

I'm asking because there is a protocol request from just4fn that has gone unanswered in the Code Search forums for some time. Here is the thread, "Seville UltraSlimLine tower fan" and he appears to have supplied learns in his "sevelle.ir" file. Anyways, just throwing it out there.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the file that has the executor, and a link to the relevant thread. I found this by using jp1-master-1.08 and filtering on Brand. Just using the Search feature in the forum also works.
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
Here's the file that has the executor, and a link to the relevant thread. I found this by using jp1-master-1.08 and filtering on Brand. Just using the Search feature in the forum also works.

Awesome. Thanks! I'll just merge the topics and file them as closed then.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: