JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

maxtone dvd-mt800

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chuliu

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:03 am    Post subject: maxtone dvd-mt800 Reply with quote

Hi
Please help find code for maxtone dvd-mt800.

1. Device:dvd
2. Type of device:dvd
3. Year:2011
4. JP1/UEI Remote model:urc-8820b00
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? yes
6. Still have original remote? yes
7. Checked the file section? yes
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? no
9. Partially working setup code? no
10. Learning remote question? yes
11. Have you tried the JP1 Lookup Tool? no

Thanks.

Last edited by chuliu on Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:02 am; edited 1 time in total
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

urc-8620b00 Question

I can't seem to find any reference to this remote.

Since it isn't a learner, have you tried a code search to find a partially working code?
chuliu

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Sorry It was my oversight.
It is actually URC-8820
and is a learning remote.
jp1 programable.
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject: Re: maxtone dvd-mt800 Reply with quote

chuliu wrote:
maxtone dvd-mt800.
4. JP1/UEI Remote model:urc-8820

I couldn't find a match. The MAXTONE RMDVD-838 was the closest I could find. Recorded its IR signals with the JP1 tools to create the respective files.

chuliu

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use the irwidget I bought and irscope to learn the remote and was able to program the urc-8820 to control the maxtone dvd by adding the obc code one by one to the buttons tab in the rm. And from there I used ir to program the urc 8820.

I wonder if I can share the ict file to the file section. I am not sure if the format of my ict is consistent with what you have.

Let me know.
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chuliu wrote:
I use the irwidget I bought and irscope to learn the remote and was able to program the urc-8820 to control the maxtone dvd by adding the obc code one by one to the buttons tab in the rm. And from there I used ir to program the urc 8820.

I wonder if I can share the ict file to the file section. I am not sure if the format of my ict is consistent with what you have.

Let me know.

The ICT file from IR Scope should be the same no matter which version you have. I can take a look at it if you'd like. But, please do share your ICT and RMDU files with us. Put the ICT file in the Diagnostic section and your RMDU in the the DVD section. That way the entire community may benefit from it.
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chuliu wrote:
I use the irwidget I bought and irscope to learn the remote and was able to program the urc-8820 to control the maxtone dvd by adding the obc code one by one to the buttons tab in the rm.

Btw, there's a trick if you have a spreadsheet application and it is very helpful if you supply the names in the notes. Open up IR Scope > File > Summary (Ctrl+Y)> then go to the last learn and highlight up to the column headers and press [Control]+[C] to copy into your clipboard. Then inside your spreadsheet app, press [Control]+[V] paste. This will allow you to adjust your columns appropriately. I usually cut the OBC row and insert them next to the notes.

Inside RM press Clean Up and then New. Move columns appropriately like the spreadsheet. I normally just move the OBC column beside the Name. Then inside the spreadsheet highlight and copy the notes and the OBC. Go into RM, click once on the first column and row to highlight it then right click on it and select paste. Now all of your learns should propagate accordingly.
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chuliu wrote:

Let me know.

I've juxtaposed the values of our ICT files. Except for a few missing commands, the two would be the exact same upgrade. This is good to know for future reference. Thanks.

Your commands are in light green where mine are in light red btw.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: