JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Upgrade uploaded: ViVo LTV19DHDI TV-DVD Combo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
digital_silence

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:41 am    Post subject: Upgrade uploaded: ViVo LTV19DHDI TV-DVD Combo Reply with quote

Hi all,

Generally, as far as my relationship with this forum is concerned, the help only goes one way: JP1 => :-DS

OK, I thought it was just about time we change that, and I would contribute too, just for a change...

I have now uploaded the upgrade that I created for device in subject. Oddly enough, that brand does not appear anywhere in either the file section here or in Pronto file section on remotecentral. Nor it's listed in the lookup tool.

So, let me introduce the new brand: ViVo.

The uploaded file is in the diagnostics area - HERE.
Moderators, please check it, and if you're happy with it, please move it to the right section, thanks.

There's a bit of story behind it too (Vicky, you'll like it).

As usually, I have bought this (deceased) device for "peanuts" at the Saturday flea market (needless to say that it came with no remote).
Took me nearly a week to get it back to life, after which the usual issue stroke - 90% of the functions were not available without the remote.
Internet search for the local rep failed miserably - so I had to ask one of my Chinese friends to ring the head office in China (btw, the phone number on the front page of their website turned out to be a residential number! and only the contact page showed the correct number).
They gave us the local rep phone number. Came at no surprise that the local rep wanted the price for the replacement remote that is more than triple of what I paid for the unit itself including repair costs.
Well... I jumped into my car, armed with my URC8910, and drove to the place, thankfully it's only about 15 min drive from where I am.
Once there, I asked for someone with technical bkgnd, and told them that my original remote for ViVo had stopped working, but I was not sure if that was the remote or the device itself which was at fault. Then I asked if they would let me to learn one button only from their replacement remote to go home and check which part the fault is on.
Thankfully, they let me to do that.

I drove home, and the rest was just a matter of spending one night with the "Remote Master" - the result is now uploaded as above.

Thanks,
:-DS
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:08 am    Post subject: Re: Upgrade uploaded: ViVo LTV19DHDI TV-DVD Combo Reply with quote

digital_silence wrote:

I enjoyed the story. It started right off with a little intrigue. Clue Misdirection. Foreign Antagonist. Covert Espionage. Car Chase. Strong Female Support Character. Electronics Hacking. Protagonist Victory. World ends up safe and secure. Fade to black. I think we got a fairly good outline for the next Tom Cruise movie! In fact, all you were missing is a scene where flock of white doves flew into a sky while the protagonist is seen walking out of a church firing pistols with each hand then it would have been a John Woo flick. But, don't worry I think we can work that in during post.

On a side note, I decided to see if there was a match on the Logitech Harmony Database. There wasn't one however I was given a consolation option of a Vivo LTV13HD. So, I recorded the respective profile with the IR Scope and Widget. I'd have to say that the codes are very similar.

digital_silence

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:49 am    Post subject: Re: Upgrade uploaded: ViVo LTV19DHDI TV-DVD Combo Reply with quote

eferz wrote:
digital_silence wrote:

I enjoyed the story. It started right off with a little intrigue. Clue Misdirection. Foreign Antagonist. Covert Espionage. Car Chase. Strong Female Support Character. Electronics Hacking. Protagonist Victory. World ends up safe and secure. Fade to black. I think we got a fairly good outline for the next Tom Cruise movie! In fact, all you were missing is a scene where flock of white doves flew into a sky while the protagonist is seen walking out of a church firing pistols with each hand then it would have been a John Woo flick. But, don't worry I think we can work that in during post.
Sounds like an unhappy customer...
Okay, okay, you can have the full refund of money that you paid for this non-fiction book... as long as you remember that this forum's history goes back to a bit longer than the date you joined...

On the subject:
The DVD control buttons (PLAY, PAUSE, etc.) are missing.
ChannelUp/Down codes are different
"ASPECT" button code is wrong
Some TV buttons (pic mode, sound mode, channel list) are not there
The rest seems identical
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Yeah I did. Smile I really enjoy the idea of rescuing old electronics.

As far as your upgrade goes, you don't need to have it "Approved" you could have just posted it in the proper section. I moved it to the TV/Combo section.
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:42 am    Post subject: Re: Upgrade uploaded: ViVo LTV19DHDI TV-DVD Combo Reply with quote

digital_silence wrote:
Okay, okay, you can have the full refund of money that you paid for this non-fiction book... as long as you remember that this forum's history goes back to a bit longer than the date you joined...

Wait a sec, I wasn't unhappy at all. I rather enjoyed your story. There was no sarcasm in what I wrote, conversely it was full of enthusiasm. You see, I took a few creative writing workshops as a young lad. Part of the daily exercises were to embellish upon short stories, brief phrases, or just a single word to a elaborate on a more expansive story.

The first step is to draw out an outline and flesh out a linear set of situations. That is what I did with your story. It was quite easy to do. The next part would be to try to "fill in the blanks". Unfortunately, that takes a lot more time and effort. But, I'm serious that we could take what you wrote and turn it into a John Woo movie with the main character played by Tom Cruise. Theoretically, anyways... you never know what the producers might think.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: