JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Apple TV in XBMC mode for 6131 help
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tildajones wrote:

The AppleTV does not differentiate between the various signals. It is treating the base 6 signals exactly the same regardless of the device id. So, either the device id is not being transmitted correctly, or the unit is not mapping the signals correctly. I have removed all custom keymaps and am using the default harmony keymap that ships with XBMC (the one linked in this thread).

Since the AppleTV is responding and this file is is sending out the device ID's that were present in the learns that Alan did for us from the Harmony, I think the problem is on the Apple side. Your remote should be good to go.

I couldn't be any more help to you even if I had the unit here. All I can do is see what is being sent. Its an interesting gaget though.

I've been thinking of doing something along this line, but I think the TVIX unit is the way I might go.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
tildajones

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I believe I have discovered the problem.

According to MaestroDD, the multi-remote mode is not implemented in the AppleTV codebase. Ugh! That explains why it's not functioning.

I will continue working on the XBMC side to get this functionality implemented.

Thanks for all your help Vicky, Rob, and others.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you get it all sorted out, could you zip together the upgrade file and whatever XBMC files that you need and save it here in the file section, with some instruction if possible, so others can find it and use it.
tildajones

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
When you get it all sorted out, could you zip together the upgrade file and whatever XBMC files that you need and save it here in the file section, with some instruction if possible, so others can find it and use it.

I will gladly post everything (supplemental to the base XBMC install on an AppleTV) necessary to get this working as well as some instruction when I get it working.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
According to MaestroDD, the multi-remote mode is not implemented in the AppleTV codebase. Ugh! That explains why it's not functioning.
I had read something like that in either the xbmc or an AppleTV forum, but since the post was a couple of years old, so I thought it was obsolete.

Did you want to go back to the long-Menu sequence? I know the upgrade I gave you for that has the buttons scrambled, but I can fix that. I am pretty sure that the ATV has implemented that version.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
tildajones

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
Quote:
I had read something like that in either the xbmc or an AppleTV forum, but since the post was a couple of years old, so I thought it was obsolete.

Did you want to go back to the long-Menu sequence? I know the upgrade I gave you for that has the buttons scrambled, but I can fix that. I am pretty sure that the ATV has implemented that version.

I would like to try and add multi-remote support to the ATV XBMC codebase. If that proves to be more difficult than MDD anticipates, I may come back to the universal remote mode using the multiple signal sequences. The delay necessary to execute those sequences is a bit concerning; so, I would rather use the multi-remote mode.

I will keep everyone informed of the progress.
seven5

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, did this project ever get/go anywhere? I've been dying for multi apple remote support for my JP1 6131 so I can map the commands to key commands for my media center running on my mac mini.

thanks guys.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

seven5 wrote:
Hey guys, did this project ever get/go anywhere?

We never heard from tildajones again so the JP1 aspect of AppleTV XMBC came to a screeching halt, however I do believe that the AppleTV XMBC matured quite a bit since then.

We can make the JP1 remotes send even complicated signals like this.

With the JP1 6131 this might be more of a challenge, depending on what else you have in the EEprom area.l
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: