JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Humax-HDR JP1 Interface?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RichG

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:50 am    Post subject: Humax-HDR JP1 Interface? Reply with quote

The Humax-HDR RM-F01 remote seems to be a UEI remote, the setup codes are definitely UEI.

No JP1 connector but I opened it up and it has a Samsung 3F80 Chip.

Looking at the Test points these connect to.

TP1 VDD
TP2 Reset
TP3 Gnd
TP4 Pin 30
TP5 Test
TP6 Pin 31

So this was not good as no TP's on 3 & 4 the SDAT & SCLK lines. So looks like Pins 30 & 31 are being used for comms?

There was however a pull up on the SCLK line so I tried connecting up to a JP1.3 connector.

The Led flashed showing reset did as expected, but do data. Sad

So just wondered if this configuration has been seen or explored before?

Is this a JP1.4 or JP2 or something completely different?

Rich
RichG

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duh... silly me, I have been playing around with too many SKY JP1 remotes. Moved the 4 & 6 wires to pins 30 & 31 and we get data. Nice of them to make the TP numbers line up with the JP1.3 connections. Smile

Signature is 31613161 which is not recognised.

ir file here.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=10099

Now I would love to do an upgrade for this remote as I like it a lot. The problem is that my TV is in the code list but my Transgear DVD player & Tivo box are not.

Do you think it will be possible?

The remote does not respond to any of the usual 9** commands. To enter a device code you press & hold the relevant Device key and it's led then turns on permanantly. Key in the code, led flashes twice. Then OK & if valid the led flashes 3 times.

Many Thanks

Rich
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a VERY preliminary RDF for your remote. This is just enough to let you download from the remote and upload back into it, but nothing else is valid in it. The button codes and keymap layouts are all leftover from the original RDF that I cloned to make this.

It will take some trial and error to see if things like the VPT settings are correct (or even needed) and you'll need help from an expert to get some of the other sections completed.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=10100
RichG

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Rob

It's allowing download and upload. I will have a play with the other settings that I "half" understand and see where I can get to.

Rich
RichG

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bit more progress. Please bear with me as this is the first time I have done any of this....

VPT codes are all working

Added 2BytePID and the device codes are now correct
Added Setupvalidation = warn & a small selection of valid setup codes & I can now change the setup codes

I have also put in the correct Buttons.

At this point I tried a simple Macro & although it was accepted & loaded it did not work.

Now I guess this might be because the Buttonmaps are incorrect? Is there a guide anywhere on how to do a buttonmap?

Or what else might be the problem?

Thanks

Rich
RichG

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I seem to have hit a bit of a brickwall...

I have tidied up the RDF, added buttons & a partial & possibly incorrect button map? Have dropped in protocols & Digitmaps from a URC-7950 and added a few valid Setupcodes.

RDF is here

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=10104

I have tried entering a simple macro that is accepted, uploads & can be downloaded, but does not function. Have played around with the start address for upgrades from $0017 to $001F but that did not help. Is it possible that the remote does not support Macros, or could it be something else?

I have also tried entering an upgrade. I realise with an incomplete RDF this is probably not wise, but am running out of knowledge & ideas. This again appears in the data, however when uploaded & downloaded again it is not there. Just the bytes at $0200 that are originally in the remote. after the 00 FF CS, 08 06 08 06 00 00
As a matter of interest, what are these bytes?

I have also noticed a 00 at $0100 in the raw data. Looks like a checksum byte? Any idea what this is.

BTW as the remote does not accept 9** commands I am resetting by filling with FF. This seems to cause the remote to reload the "base" information & is acknowledged with 4 flashes as opposed to 2.

Any ideas greatfully received?

OK, further update....

I deleted the URC-7950 Digitmap from the RDF & now my upgrade stays put and shows some signs of working Very Happy This would be so much easier if I knew what I was doing? But I am learning a lot. Surprised

Rich
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Hardware All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: