JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Search   Statistics   Toplist   View All Files 
JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> File Section -> JP1 File Section -> Miscellaneous -> Hardware -> 15-2117 RF box mod for 240v
File - 15-2117 RF box mod for 240v
Description: This mod describes how to make the RF box that comes with remotes like the 15-2117, 15-1995, URC-9800, etc run using a DC adapter, which in turn will let it run using your local power supply (240v perhaps) rather than the 110v supply that it was designed for.
Submited by: The Robman
Date: Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:39 am
Last Updated: Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:43 am
Last Download: Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:51 am
File Size: 1.14 MB
Rating: Not Rated (0 Votes)
Downloaded: 329
Download File

Author Comments
streetskater

Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:33 pm    Comment subject:

Just for grins I ran one of this RF box through my watt/amp/volt/hz gizmo. Just resting it uses zero watts. The most I could get it to ask for in full chatter mode was 1 watt. Of course the point wasn't to save electricity but to modify it so it could be used with 230/240 volts somewhere in the EU. Love to see folks customizing this stuff.

The Radio Shack 15-2117 is by far my favorite universal remote--configured via JP1 of course. The 1994 will always be a classic but i've found nothing that begins to tempt me away from the 2117.

Recently I managed to find 3 brand new and still in the original plastic on eBay. I've looked off and on for years and never found one. Mine were beginning to get a little worn out on the contacts--and I had gone the regrettable tin foil and crazy glue route.

I thought wear and tear and just advancing technology was going to force my hand but I feel I'm good for at least another decade--assuming there's nothing to this 2012 thing.

Finding and getting a base level of proficiency with JP1 has been one of the most enjoyable and useful internet experiences I've had.---and I started with Darpa and Arpanet! lol.

It's gratifying to see what the combined efforts from folks all around the country and the world can accomplish when the collective focus is tight. Let's hope the USA doesn't manage to drastically change the very nature of our WWW.