JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Search   Statistics   Toplist   View All Files 
JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> File Section -> JP1 File Section -> Device Upgrades -> Audio -> Nakamichi TA-4A v1.0
File - Nakamichi TA-4A v1.0
Description: JP1 Upgrade for the Nakamichi TA-4A High Definition Tuner Amplifier
by Jeffrey D. Blankenship (aka SCCA Racer X on jp1 forums)

v1.0 23 April 2005

This is my Nakamichi TA-4A upgrade.
The complete upgrade consists of 2 parts. The filenames are:
Nakamichi TA-4A (2040) CD Transport v1.0.rmdu
Nakamichi TA-4A (2041) Tape 1 v1.0.rmdu
Both of these files are included in Nakamichi TA-4A v1.0.zip.

Important - for this to work, in IR go to the Devices Edit window, after clicking Paste, select Device Type = RVCR. Also in IR, go to Key Moves and set Device Type to RCVR.

Inexact Key Mappings
Input Source Select buttons are mapped to the following keys:
MENU <> Phono
GUIDE <> CD
SELECT <> Tuner
EXIT <> Video 1
INFO <> Video 2
1 <> Tape 1
2 <> Tape 2
3 <> Tape 3/VCR
Tape 2 functions are mapped to the remaining number keys.
4 <> rewind
5 <> play
6 <> fast forward
7 <> reverse
8 <> stop
9 <> pause
0 <> record
Other functions:
Enter <> Tape 1 Azimuth <
TV/VID <> Tape 1 Azimutth >
L1 <> Speakers A
L2 <> Speakers B
L3 <> Speakers A+B
L4 <> Speakers Off

This upgrade includes all the functions available using the OEM remote. Not all of the Tape 2 functions are mapped, but with key moves, they could be.

The main reason this upgrade requires multiple files is the remote does not use the same Protocol Parameters for all the buttons, so you need one file per unique set of Protocol Parameters. A second reason is this remote has three sets of transport controls, Tape 1, Tape 2 and CD. These would have to be mapped to two or three separate devices on a JP1 remote, so I may need to create three or more upgrades which assign the primary transport controls to each of the three transports.

I did not find any extra functions, only alternates for some of the OEM remote's functions. The OEM remote is marked "RM-4TA Remote Control Unit". This upgrade was started from scratch by learning from the OEM remote. I learned to a Universal Electronics HTPRO Plus, model URC-9811B00, which is essentially a URC-9910 or 8910. I laid out the buttons while keeping the ergonomics of this specific remote in mind. If you have one of these remotes, this is your lucky day!

Enjoy,
Jeffrey D. Blankenship
Submited by: SCCA Racer X
Author: Jeffrey D. Blankenship (aka SCCA Racer X on jp1 forums)
Version: 1.0
Date: Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:22 pm
Last Updated: Thu May 05, 2005 8:09 am
Last Download: Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:19 pm
File Size: 3.72 KB
Rating: Not Rated (0 Votes)
Downloaded: 422

Author Comments
No Comments have been posted yet.